"Tea and Toast" cupcake by abbietabbie.
It's time to raise our cupcakes and offer a special TOAST to all 21 wonderfully talented, brilliant, wild and wooly poets who participated in the first alphabet soup Poetry Potluck!
You brought us family stories, observations of the natural world, so much fun, wit and whimsy, color, spice, sweetness, snow, snark and soup! You took us to Mexico, Brazil, France, and Mansfield, Missouri. We listened, learned from, and loved what you so generously shared. We noshed, sipped, slurped, licked and crunched. We even tasted gingerbread with chocolate frosting dropped from an airplane! As we wipe the last delicious crumbs from our faces, I salute you and bow to you. Thank you, poets, for the beauty and understanding you bring to the world with your lovingly chosen words!
THE COMPLETE 2010 POETRY POTLUCK MENU
* Wine and appetizers: "The Poets in My Life Meet on the Third Sunday," "A Gourmand's Prayer"
1. Elaine Magliaro: "Chick Chatter," Almond Gateaux
2. Karen Edmisten: "Sustenance," Atticus' French Bread
3. Laura Shovan: "An Absolute Vista," Blizzard Soup
4. J. Patrick Lewis: "Hillary Hollery Q. McQatt Introduces the Crew," Sticky-Goo Buns
5. Julie Larios: "Domingo," Tortas Mexicanas
6. Kelly Polark: "The TV Speaks," Bowtie Pasta Salad
7. Sara Lewis Holmes: "Biscuits," Ann's Angel Biscuits
8. Kristy Dempsey: "Outside Dog at Dinnertime," Brazilian Brigadeiro
9. Charles and Debra Ghigna: "Sleepover," "Slumber Party Surprise," Ghost Bite Cookies
10. Susan Rich: "Chanterelle," Chanterelle and Goat Cheese Pastry Puffs
11. Mary Lee Hahn: "Apple Crisp," Apple Crisp
12. Liz Garton Scanlon: "Sweet," Barley Stuffed Squash
13. Jeannine Atkins: "Not Today," Hermit Cookies
14. Greg Pincus: "Foods That Scare," Grandma's Chicken Paprikash
15. Douglas Florian: "French Toast," Not-so-French Toast
16. Laura Purdie Salas: "Yum!", Brickle
17. Kelly Fineman: "His Chair," Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
18. Tanita S. Davis: "An Ode to the Lime," Easy Tofu Lime Cheesecake
19. Andromeda Jazmon: "Figs," Homemade Fig Bars
20. Tricia Stohr-Hunt: "A Generous Baker," Raspberry Crescents
21. Joyce Sidman: "Maybe," Blender Mousse
HERE'S TO ALL OF YOU! Toast toast toast toast toast!
"Miss Toasty Cookies" by mitsel18.
♥ For future reference, a permanent link to this post can be found in this blog's sidebar under "Bookish Recipes."
Copyright © 2010 Jama Rattigan of jama rattigan's alphabet soup. All rights reserved.
- Current Mood: grateful