friday feast: poetry friday roundup is here!
photo by Tarevale.
Hello there! Welcome to Poetry Friday at alphabet soup!
Make yourself at home and help yourself to some tea and cookies. If you've brought a poem or review to share, please leave your links with Mr. Linky below. Be sure to include the name of your poem or the book you're reviewing in parentheses after your name.
Remember when Charles and Debra Ghigna brought their sleeping bags to the Poetry Potluck last month? They revealed themselves to be real party animals (albeit polite and delightful ones). Well, just so happens Debra never left! In between tap dancing and drinking endless cups of rooibos tea with cinnamon, she managed to write the perfect poem for today's gathering. Thanks, Debra. Please stay as long as you want -- you're definitely my kind of guest! ♥
rooibos tea by Hindrik.
by Debra Ghigna
I'm making us some poet tea
From poetry I've known,
And petit fours with metaphors
And similes with scones.
We'll share some conversation
To while away the time.
It's sure to sound delicious since
We'll only speak in rhyme.
We'll dine upon a quatrain,
A sonnet, maybe two,
While drinking from a couplet
Just like the poets do.
© 2010 Debra Ghigna. All rights reserved.
While we're on the subject of poetry and tea, here are a couple of teacup haiku to send you on your way:
Antique haiku teacup by summerchele.
Haiku teacup available here.
drink me, dear alice
graceful fall to wonderland
pocket watch gleaming
LEAVE YOUR LINKS HERE, THEN SIP AND SAVOR:
1. Jeni Bell (Original poem, " The Pitcher, the Scientist")
2. Charles Ghigna
3. Shelley (Dust Bowl Story)
4. Stacy Nockowitz ("Adolescence")
5. Julie Larios (" Disobedience")
6. Laura Evans (Original Haibun)
7. Tiel Aisha Ansari (Dormancy)
8. John Mutford (Inter Alia)
9. Amy LV (My Po WriYe #44 - " The Bridge")
10. Gregory K. - Foods That Scare (originally here!)
11. Mother Lode - poetry primers
12. tanita (Dandelion)
13. Mary Lee (drowning in end- of- school- year " stuff")
14. Heidi Mordhorst (a family love poem by Gwendolyn Brooks)
15. Tabatha (Diane Mayr!)
16. Carol (Dear World)
17. Sara Lewis Holmes (Mary Oliver's Reckless Poem)
18. The Stenhouse Blog ("Books")
19. Barbara Turner(a bit of e.e. cummings)
20. Laura Salas (Seal Lullaby - Rudyard Kipling)
21. Laura Salas (15 Words or Less Poems)
22. Laura Shovan (Prose Poems - Bly)
23. Ruth (" One Art" by Elizabeth Bishop)
24. Diane has Lewis Carroll silliness
25. Doret (The Wonder Book)
26. Mandy (Oh Theodore! Guinea Pig Poems)
27. Kurious Kitty (Robert Hass)
28. KK's Kwotes (Robert Hass)
29. Sally at Paper Tigers
30. Jeannine Atkins (Katherine Paterson's poetic roots)
31. Karen Edmisten (An Atticus Pick -- Wm. Carlos Wms Spring and All)
32. Megan (Mythopoeia)
33. Kelly Fineman (There is no frigate like a book by Dickinson)
34. Wild Rose Reader (APPLE TREE: An Original Acrostic)
35. Christine Marciniak (How do I Love Thee)
36. Margaret Perry (The Naming of Cats)
37. Across the Page (" Window Poems" by Wendell Berry)
38. Doraine Bennett (bits of the process from Roethke)
39. Steven Withrow (The Brave Little Poet)
40. Sylvia Vardell (New 2011 Poetry Calendar)
41. Toby Speed (poem from "Sea Surface Full of Clouds")
42. Little Willow (a quote from Plato)
43. Kevin Slattery (original tea poem in the comments!)
44. Irene Latham (original poem "To the Mourners")
45. paula reviews Ubiquitous by Joyce Sidman
46. Tricia-Miss Rumphius ("A Summer Shower")
47. Janet Squires: (Carrots to Cupcakes)
48. Priya (Original poem about Rome)
Thanks for stopping by to share your poems. Have a glorious weekend!
*Teacup drawings by lucy rose.
Copyright © 2010 Jama Rattigan of jama rattigan's alphabet soup. All rights reserved.